Number of Maynooth University students, who decide to spend one semester or a full academic year abroad, is growing steadily year by year. This year, the International Office received 285 expression of interest forms for Study Abroad and Erasmus programmes, and we have noticed new trends emerging;
- For the first time Canada is more popular than United States.
- Two Dutch universities (University of Groningen & University of Amsterdam) experienced the highest increase in student interest.
- There are now more Law students applying to study abroad than French or German students.
- Students expressed interest in studying in South America for the first time (Ecuador and Uruguay).
- One student is expected to travel to Hong Kong.
- Froebel Department is sending 17 students abroad next year.