SMC-15 Call For Papers
The SMC Conference will take place between Thursday 30th July to August 1st. We are now inviting papers for oral and poster/demo presentations. We are accepting submissions examining all the core topics of the Sound and Music Computing field, and in particular matching this year’s topic of High Performance Sound and Music Computing. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. The keynote Speakers for the conference are Prof. Barry Truax, Dr. Stefan Bilbao, and Dr. Derry Fitzgerald
There will be an award for the best student paper and poster. Future Audio Workshop will provide the prize of copies of their circle synthesizer for the best poster. We have also arranged that the authors of the best paper will be invited to submit a full length journal paper for peer-review by the Journal of New Music Research. The conference will also host a Summer School on Sound Design for Media and enabling Audio Technologies. we are also welcoming music submissions.
- Auditory displays and data sonification
- Computational musicology and Mathematical Music Theory
- Computer environments for sound/music processing
- Content processing of music audio signals
- Digital audio effects
- High Performance Computing for Audio
- Interactive performance systems
- Interfaces for sound and music
- Models for sound analysis and synthesis
- Multimodality in sound and music computing
- Music and robotics
- Music information retrieval
- Music performance analysis and rendering
- Perception and cognition of sound and music
- Social interaction in sound and music computing
- Sonic interaction design
- Sound and music for VR and games
- Sound/music and the neurosciences
- Sound/music signal processing algorithms
- Spatial audio
Papers should be between 4 and 8 pages long. All submissions will be fully peer-reviewed. Papers can be submitted as oral or poster/demo, but the final decision on the category will be made by the Programme Committee.
- Oral presentations: 8 pages maximum, 20 minutes for presentation (15 minutes talk followed by 5 minutes Q&A)
- Poster presentations: 6 pages maximum
Submitted papers must be camera-ready and conform to format specified in the following templates:
The papers can be submitted using the through the Easy Chair SMC 2015 web upload system.
All accepted papers, independently of the presentation format, will be included in the conference Proceedings. The Proceedings will have a ISBN and will be distributed both as a printed and an electronic publication. The electronic version will be available on the SMC website (smcnetwork.org) Please note that at least one of the paper authors has to register to the conference in order for the paper to be accepted, presented, and included in the Proceedings.