This course aims to develop a range of skills to such a level of quality that those who complete it will be able to follow careers in the industry according to their talents, strengths and aspirations. To achieve this, the course combines the sound technical training required by the modern workshop and industry at large, and the trainees’ creative development according to their talents and abilities. As a result, graduates have the ability to respond confidently to changing markets.
The NUI Diploma in Arts: Ceramics and Design is a level 7 diploma run over two years.
- Pottery and Production Skills
- Clay and Glaze Technology
- Kiln Theory and Operation
- Surface Treatments
- Drawing and Design
- History of Ceramics and Contemporary Practice
- Advance Drawing and Design
- Advance Pottery Production Skills
- Advance Clay and Glaze Technology
- Advance Kiln Theory and Operation
- Advance Surface Treatments
- Advance History of Ceramics and Contemporary Practice
- Final Project 1
- Final Project 2
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Please contact The Crafts Council of Ireland for further information. Apply through The Crafts Council of Ireland: http://www.ccoi.ie/content/blogcategory/53/317/
Please click here to apply.