Research Student Induction 27th September 2017
Please visit our Induction page to register for Research Induction 2017.The Research Student Induction session will take place on the 27th September from 1pm. A light lunch will be provided beforehand.
Venue: Renehan Hall, South Campus.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Research Student Professional Skills Modules
The following schedule is available for Professional Skills Modules for Research Students 2017.
Initial Meeting Record
After registration, each research student should arrange an introductory meeting with their primary supervisor. A customised and individualised programme of research is agreed and recorded as the ' GSF1: Initial Meeting Record ' document, which is then approved by the Departmental Research Student Progress Committee (DRSPC). The Initial Meeting Record is forwarded by the DRSPC to the Graduate Studies Office. This record informs the annual progress review which takes place at the end of each academic year.
A candidate, who has completed their Initial Meeting Record before their registration date may register for the appropriate PhD modules. However, if the Initial Meeting Record is not completed prior to registration, a candidate must register on the day indicated by Records Office, and choose their appropriate modules by the end of October.
The purpose of the Initial Meeting Record is to:
- provide an opportunity to design a unique, individual programme
- identify modules that will enhance the candidate’s research programme
- identify modules that candidates will take in year one
- agree a calendar of meetings
- record attendance at the induction programme
- ensure that the candidate is aware and agrees to the University regulations and policies as outlined on the graduate studies website
For further details please visit the Graduate Studies Academic Policies section of the website for a full overview of the PhD process.