Frequently Asked Questions - Alumni Scholarships
The Graduate Studies Office has added the most common questions received regarding the application process for the Alumni Scholarship below. Please submit additional questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Do I need to apply for the Alumni Scholarship at the same time as the Masters Scholarship?
The Alumni Scholarship section of your application will remain open until the 1st June, even if you have already submitted your €2,000 Taught Masters Scholarship application. You can log back in and edit and save the Alumni Scholarship section up to the 1st June.
2. Log in and password difficulties
As per the applicant guide, you will need to 'create an account' on the application system. As a Maynooth current student it is important to note that the log in and password is not the same as your web login details and must be set up as per the applicant guide document. Once you create an account, a password and log in will be generated for you. Please follow the instructions that you will receive via email. It is possible, if you forget your password or log in, to use the front screen of the application process to request a reminder of the login and to request a new password.
3. Alumni Scholarship only submissions
It is possible to apply only for the Taught Masters Scholarship of €2,000 and/or the Alumni Scholarship. Please only complete the sections relevant to the scholarship(s) that you wish to apply for.
4. Personal Statements for Alumni Scholarships
The Careers Development Centre has agreed to read personal statements and to provide feedback for applicants before submission. Please contact email@example.com for advice and support. Some general tips for inclusion of content are:
- include any academic achievements, including awards and excellence grades achieved
- include relevant other certifications/qualifications you may have that relate to the Masters programme
- if relevant consider any non-academic experience you may have that relates to the Masters programme
- be clear as to why you have chosen to study at Maynooth and what your aspirations are for when you complete the Masters programme.