The Master of Science in Software Engineering degree at Maynooth University exposes graduates in Computer Science and related disciplines to the many facets of this complex area – the technical, the methodological, the organizational – so that successful participants will subsequently be able to lead major projects in software engineering in many industrial and commercial sectors.
The following criteria must be fulfilled by students applying for the MSc in Computer Science (Software Engineering):
- An honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with an average grade of 60% (equivalent to a II.1 from an Irish NFQ Level 8 degree course) or above. Extensive industrial experience may be considered.
- English language certificate (for non-native speakers of English only)
Minimum English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum overall score
- TOEFL (Paper based test): 585
- TOEFL (Internet based test): 95
- PTE (Pearson): 62
Maynooth University’s TOEFL code is 8850
Information regarding visas etc. may be obtained from the International Office at Maynooth University.
Each module is delivered as a series of intensive lectures. Each module also has associated practical work.
Participants submit a dissertation based on a Software Engineering topic. They also complete a work placement in industry (normally with a salary) organised by the University Placement Office.
Online application only http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following information should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
· Certified copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application
· Transcripts of results in languages other than English should be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award
· Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution you have graduated/will graduate from)
· Your CV (we recommend that you use the European Format: see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu for details)
· A copy of your Birth Certificate or valid Passport
· For non-native speakers of the English language, certificates of competency in the English Language (IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE)
Information on fees and funding is available at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/postgraduate-studies/fees-funding-scholarships