Minimum English language requirements: please visit Maynooth University International Office website for information about English language tests accepted and required scores. The requirements specified are applicable for both EU and non-EU applicants.
Maynooth University’s TOEFL code is 8850
The part-time MA in Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures: Narratives of Conflict (Spanish) is a two-year degree programme that involves two elements: a set of modules on which students will be examined in January and in May/June, and a dissertation (Minor Thesis). Before registration for the part-time programme, students should agree a plan of taking modules with the Head of Spanish and the Programme Director.
The Viva Voce Examination will be taken at the end of the second year, and the minor thesis has to be submitted by the end of July of the second year for graduation in November of the same year. Alternatively, the thesis can be submitted by the end of October of the second year (without any additional financial implications) for graduation in September of the following year.
1. Students choose a ‘lead language’; they are obliged to take both language modules in this language.
2. Students have to take at least one (in French two) of the subject-specific modules offered by the lead language subject.
3. Students have to take ML 610 (Research Skills) and the modules concerned with narratives of conflict.
4. For the remaining 10 credits, students can either choose the remaining subject-specific module(s), or they can choose two of the remaining SMLLC modules.
5. The Viva Voce Examination ML629 (conducted – at least partly – in the ‘lead language’) in early June.
6. Minor theses will be supervised by SMLLC Full-time members of staff after consultation with the student.
Online application only http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following documents should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
Certified copies of all official transcripts of results for all non-Maynooth University qualifications listed MUST accompany the application. Failure to do so will delay your application being processed. Non-Maynooth University students are asked to provide two academic references and a copy of birth certificate or valid passport.