This is a one year full time programme designed for honours graduates who may not have taken major accounting specialisms in their undergraduate studies, but who wish to pursue a professional accounting qualification. The programme modules are being designed so as to mirror in terms of standard and complexity the syllabi of the CAP 1 examinations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland. One of the principal objectives of the programme is that graduates will, on successful completion of the programme, have entitlement to CAP 1 exemptions and equivalent exemptions from other professional accountancy bodies. Course co-ordinators will work closely with the professional accountancy bodies to ensure that the content and direction of all course modules also help prepare students for the final stages of the professional accounting examinations.
A 2.1 undergraduate degree in any subject. No prior knowledge of accounting required. Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Minimum English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum overall score
- TOEFL (Paper based test): 585
- TOEFL (Internet based test): 95
- PTE (Pearson): 62
Maynooth University's TOEFL code is 8850
On completion of the programme graduates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of financial accounting and the main business and accounting structures
- Understand and be able to apply the principles of double entry book–keeping
- Be able to prepare a set of accounts
- Understand the principles of financial management
- Have the knowledge and skills to deal with most routine issues in personal income tax and vat
- Have an understanding of the impact of law on business
Online applications only http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following information should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
Certified copies of all official transcripts of results for all non-Maynooth University qualifications listed MUST accompany the application. Failure to do so will delay your application being processed. non-Maynooth University students are asked to provide two academic references and a copy of birth certificate or valid passport.