Searching for accommodation in Maynooth particularly for the first time can be time consuming and competitive. The demand for rented accommodation is especially high before and at the start of the academic year. There are many resources to find private sector accommodation in and around Maynooth and some are listed below:
- Numerous Property Websites
- Maynooth University Listing Service is a University hosted web database search facility (Access is restricted; please read the information in this link carefully in order to understand access to the database.
- Local & Daily Newspapers.
- Property Agents
- Current Students: Networking with your fellow students
- Incoming/New International/Erasmus Students: Networking with other students from your home University who have/are attending Maynooth University
- Incoming/New CAO students: Networking with students from your Secondary School who are attending Maynooth University
- Facebook Pages:
- Maynooth Students' Union Facebook Pages: Maynooth Students' Accommodation & Maynooth Freshers facebook pages
- Student Engagement Office Facebook Page - First Year at Maynooth
Please follow this link for the types of accommodation you may find referenced with some average pricing. Most of the accommodation available to incoming new students will be in the owner shared/family accommodation sector with limited accommodation in houses with other students (most of this accommodation goes to the current student market towards the end of May, the previous academic year.
The town of Maynooth has a population of over 12,000 people and is the only University town in Ireland. Student accommodation can be found in Maynooth and surrounding areas with transport links like Leixlip, Celbridge, Kilcock and Lucan to name a few. You may find these maps help you with getting to know Maynooth and the towns around us.
Areas outside Maynooth
It is important to check the transport options should your accommodation be located outside Maynooth. There are many areas in the surrounding towns that have good transport links. You can also check with the landlord about distance to the transport and who is the provider before making any arrangements.
Our Student Tenant Section gives information that will help you be more prepared when viewing accommodation. In addition there are key questions to ask when visiting properties and a checklist of what to look for along with resources available to you as a tenant in accommodation.