No Labels, No Limits: (dis)Ability Week
February 23rd to the 27th is MSU (dis)Ability Awareness Week: #NoLabelsNoLimits, because at Maynooth University we think labels are for jars, not for people.
Check out photos from our events on Facebook here
This week celebrates all our student members who face challenges on a daily basis, but excel as Maynoothians nonetheless. The campaign's aim is for students to be informed, so that you know that people all around you are everyday heroes even if they might sometimes need some extra support , they deserve absolute respect and dignity.
The week will involve:
- *Free Comedy Gig* for Mental Health with Andrew Stanley (Common Room - Lunch time on Wednesday)
- *Free Sign Language Classes* at 12 noon on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the SU
- Wheelchair Basketball with the IWA (Thursday, Sports Centre)
- Blind Football with the FAI (Thursday, Astro Turf)
- An 'MSU Speakout Session in relation to hidden disabilities (Tuesday, Common Room)
- + Workshops, Film Screenings & many other student club/society events!
We're looking for students who would like to share some of their experiences (with dyslexia, dyspraxia, OCD, ADHD for example) and being here at college in Maynooth University for our MSU 'Speak Out' session
If you would like to get involved in any capacity or would like further information on this week, please email Síona Cahill (MSU VP / Welfare & Equality) on firstname.lastname@example.org or check us out on Facebook
Maynooth is a #NoLabelsNoLimits campus. Let's celebrate that this week.