Transition, 5th and 6th year students
||Monday 8th to Friday 12th July 2019
|10am to 4:00pm daily
School of Business, Maynooth University
||€50 for the full 5 days OR FREE for students from DEIS schools (lunches included)
MU Entrepreneurship Summer School 2019 takes the dual importance of entrepreneurship in small firms and the innovation in large corporations into account and will introduce students to entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, and innovation activities in both types of organisations. Over this 5-day summer school, we have created an exciting programme combining the theoretical knowledge, industry practices and lots of fun activities. Some topics and activities include:
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Business models
- Social media and digital marketing
- Leadership and human resource management
- Corporate social responsibility and social entrepreneurship
- Team work and communication skills
- Robot building workshop
- One day company visit to AWS
- A visit to MaynoothWorks (a vibrant and dynamic incubation center for start-up businesses).
- Experience: by interacting with industry leaders through company visit, workshops, and guest talks to avail of valuable insights;
- Explain: by interacting with our faculty, gaining academic knowledge to explain the business phenomenon across various topics, including business environment, marketing/digital marketing, leadership and communications, innovation project management, business models, corporate social responsibility, etc;
- Enact: by combining theoretic knowledge and industry practices and interacting with other participants to exercise a number of mini-projects and activities.
Booking will be accepted from May 2019. Please check back here for updates.