Maynooth University’s Sexualities and Gender (SexGen) Research Network is delighted to present an online, graduate-research symposium from 10am-12pm on Monday 23rd November via Zoom. This round-table symposium features presentations from:
- Mariza Avgeri (Law): ‘Towards a theoretical framework for assessing transgender asylum claims’
- Veronica Barry (History): ‘Case-study of Franco's Spain to examine the role of the Sección Femenina (Women's Section of the fascist party, the Falange) as a channel to import propaganda to women in Spain.’
- Anil Öztürk (Law): ‘In Good Company? The Moral Implications of Violence and Sexual Behaviours towards Sociable Robots’
- Miriam Teehan (Anthropology): ‘From Cottage to Creche and Back: An Examination of Childcare Moral and Political Economy in Ireland, The Case Study of Au- Pairship.’
- Orlagh Woods (English): ‘“She Lives in Shakespeare”: Representations of Motherhood in Jeanette Winterson’s The Gap of Time (2016)’
Attendance is free and you can register here.