Yesterday, 5 May 2014, saw the official launch of ELSA Ireland's inaugural Summer Law School on Corporate Finance and Law.
Through the organisation of the Law School on Corporate Finance & Law for Irish and European law students, ELSA Ireland intends to achieve a number of key objectives:
1. To provide law students with a launch pad from which they can expand upon their commercial awareness;
2. To market Ireland as an exciting place for future lawyers to work and do business;
3. To create awareness of the work of Irish commercial law firms within Ireland and to increase Irish commercial law firms international reach;
4. To instil confidence within law students when embarking upon a career as a commercial law trainee.
5. To enable the ELSA Ireland network to expand and grow so Irish law students can avail of ELSA’s many career and learning opportunities.
Three of our students were recently elected to the board of ELSA Ireland and several more play integral roles on the Organising Committee of the Summer Law School, those being: Alexandra English, Hugh McIntyre, Mark O’Reilly, and Suzanne Scott.
Registration for the School is now open and already the Committee have received several applications! Applications can be made online through the ELSA Ireland Summer Law School website and participation is open to both Irish and international students. Further information is also available via the ELSA Ireland Summer Law School Facebook page.
The Law School is proudly sponsored by top Irish law firm, Arthur Cox.
Maynooth University Department of Law is very happy to support the work of ELSA Ireland. For more information about our students' activities and societies, see our website.