***The IRC 2017 Government of Ireland (GOI) and CAROLINE Fellowship calls are now closed.***
- IRC Deadline for Applicants: 4pm on 30th November 2016
- IRC FAQ Deadline: 4pm on 21st November 2016
- Deadline for Mentors & Referees: 4pm on 7th December 2016
- Deadline for institutional endorsement: 14th December 2016
- Results expected in April 2017
- Fellowships start date: 1st October 2017 (no flexibility)
If you wish the Research Development Office to undertake a (non-technical) review of your application, please email email@example.com to request this by 5pm on 18th Nov 2016, and have your draft application completed on the IRC’s online application system (OLS) by this date where it can be accessed by RDO staff.
**NB. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO IRC AT THIS POINT! It is not possible to make any changes in an application after it is submitted to the IRC’s online system. **
Slides from an information session for applicants and mentors are available here: IRC Postdoc Fellowship 2017 Information Session
Please see the IRC website for Terms & Conditions, Guide for Applicants, FAQs and other documents for GOI and CAROLINE.
Documentation with tips for applicants in relation to some sections of the GOI fellowship application form are included below. Please note that these were written for the GOI fellowships, but they may be of interest to those applying to CAROLINE too. Keep in mind the applicable evaluation criteria, which can be found at the end of the Guides for Applicants (Appendix IV).
**Please note that the evaluation criteria for GOI and for CAROLINE are different**.
- Training and career development plan - tips for applicants
- Reasons for choosing Maynooth university/department/mentor - tips for applicants
- Dissemination - tips for applicants
- Financial justification - clarifications and tips for applicants
- Budgeting for computer equipment - IMPORTANT prices and policy included!
ISSUES WITH THE ONLINE SYSTEM (OLS)?
If you have a technical issue regarding the use of the OLS, please read the Guide for Applicants and the FAQ document available on the Council's website. If your issue is not clarified through any of these mechanisms, only then should you email firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of your query. The IRC advises applicants to include their project ID, the browser used, and if appropriate a screenshot of the OLS and any error messages.