Academic Database – Academic Structures and Modules
The aim of this office is to ensure that all academic structures are up to date and accurate at all times. This is to:
1. Facilitate the administrative processes of the University in relation to students' records, examination timetabling and lecture timetabling.
2. Ensure Course Finder on the Maynooth University web pages is accurate and up to date.
Key Functions of the office:
- Maintaining and monitoring the Academic Database (ADB) throughout the academic year to ensure academic structures are up to date and accurate at all times.
- This data directly updates Course Finder on the MU web pages, available via 'For Current Students' or 'For Staff', click 'Course Finder'.
- Facilitating the process whereby departments can update and amend academic structures for the following academic year on the ADB. The process usually commences in February each year for a period of four to six weeks.
- Reviewing all academic structures prior to submission to Academic Council for approval in March/April of each year.
- The ADB is the central source of academic information for all administrative functions - Students' records , examination timetabling and lecture timetabling. It also interfaces with MU's Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle).
- Ensuring a streamlined approach to all data relating the University academic structures e.g. Providing information, advice and assistance to the Admissions and Graduate Studies Offices to ensure that their data is up-to-date and linked to the academic structures on the ADB.
- Providing assistance and advise to departments in all areas relation to academic structures
- Working with the Administrative Support Team in the IT Services to develop and implement new functions on the ADB to further enhance and streamline academic structure data.
Access to the Academic Database is via Workbench (staff only). Please use browsers Firefox or Internet Explorer only.
Any queries about the ADB, please contact:
Dr. Adrienne Kendlin
Tel: 01 7086581