PhD Studentship in Psychology (Graduate Teaching Studentship)
The Department of Psychology is pleased to announce that a departmental PhD Studentship will be available for one student intending to commence PhD or PhD-track studies in September 2017.
Full time research degree students commencing a programme of study in September 2017, and who have a relevant first class or 2.1 honours in their primary degree, or have a relevant Master’s degree, are eligible to apply for studentship support in the department. Students who have fees paid from external sources are generally not eligible to apply.
The studentship will entail:
- Full annual tuition fees support (approximately €5500 per annum);
- A fixed maintenance award of €9002 per annum;
- Participation in departmental activities as a Graduate Teaching Assistant with a requirement to undertake teaching support duties for up to 25% of the notional study year. This will entail up to 468 hours of teaching support duties in the course of a year, with not more than 20 hours in any one week. These duties will be carried out under the direction of the Head of Department, or a member of staff nominated by the Head.
Applicants are asked to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 30th of June, 2017:
- A CV detailing academic experience, and any prior teaching experience;
- A 2 page research proposal, identifying a departmental supervisor and clearly indicating that the proposed project has been agreed to by the relevant supervisor;
- A cover letter outlining their motivation and suitability for the role.
A description of research interests and expertise in the Department of Psychology can be found here: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/psychology/our-research
Full terms and conditions of the role can be found HERE.