Mike O Malley is Bursar and Secretary at Maynooth University and is responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing a financial strategy for the university in the context of the university strategic plan.
- Controlling the financial affairs of the university.
- Advising on the strategic financial arrangements for concessions or other commercial activities on campus.
- Establishing a financial planning and budgeting framework for the individual academic and support units of the university.
- Leading the development of multi-annual financial projections and annual budgets for the university.
- Leading and managing the finance office (including fees and grants, payroll and research accounting functions) and ensuring the delivery of quality services and supports to the university.
- Compliance with University Code of Governance including risk management.
- Secretary of the Governing Authority including legal affairs.
- Pensions Office including compliance with pension reporting requirements.
- Reporting including Annual Accounts, HEA reporting, Comptroller and Auditor General relationship and liaison with the Audit and Risk Assessment Committee.