- Full annual tuition fees support;
- A fixed maintenance award of €18,500 per annum;
- Participation in Departmental activities as part of this scholarship with a requirement to undertake teaching support duties for up to 240 hours per year, with generally not more than 4 hours in any one week. These activities will be carried out under the direction of the Head of Department, or a member of staff nominated by the Head.
Application and Selection Procedure
To be determined by Head of Department/Institute.
The Department/Institute will advertise all positions openly. This will be a transparent selection procedure open to all newly commencing research students who meet the basic criteria.
Advertised postitions will be available on this page as and when they are open for applicants. These scholarships are funded internally by the department.
As a general guide, applicants will be required to submit the following by the advertised closing date:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal (max. 4,000 words)
- Relevant academic final transcripts
The MU Doctoral Scholarship Programme is run within each department. All eligible candidates will be considered for open positions. Applicants may be shortlisted for interview and, if so, will be contacted directly by the Department.