We are delighted to announce that we will offer three Sanctuary Scholarships in 2020-2021. The online application is available below. The deadline to submit this form is 15th June 2020.
If you have any queries about the application process, please contact Sanctuary Committee.
Scholarships are open to:
(1) international protection applicants; and
(2) refugees, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, and those with leave to remain,
who do not have access to state support for their studies (meaning ‘free fees’, the state pilot support scheme, SUSI grant, social welfare payments).
Applicants must be registered with the Department of Justice and Equality and documentation of status will be required.
The same reduced points as are in place under the HEAR and DARE schemes will be applied to sanctuary scholarship applicants who are applying for undergraduate courses through the CAO.
Priority will be given to applicants who reside in reasonable commuting distance to the University to ensure feasibility of completion.
Each scholarship will include:
• A Fee Waiver;
• A Maynooth Access Package of Supports, which includes, among other things, the Launchpad Orientation Programme, a Technology Support Programme, and an academic advisor; and,
• A Student Services Package of Supports that offer pre-paid transportation, subsistence and a laptop.
Note: the scholarships do not include University accommodation.
NB: Applicants are required to apply for their course through the usual channels, as well as submitting the sanctuary scholarship application form. More detail on the specific processes for undergraduate and postgraduate applications is provided below.
We will hold a virtual information session about the scholarships and the application process on 15th of May 2020. To receive more information and to register to attend, please email Sanctuary Committee.
If you would like an academic mentor to assist you with your application, please contact us at Sanctuary Committee. so that we can match possible applicants with academic mentors to assist in completing the application form itself.
You need to follow these steps to apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship for an undergraduate course:
(1) You must apply to the Central Applications Office. for a Maynooth University undergraduate course via either the Leaving Certificate Route (CAO deadline 1st May 2020), FETAC route (CAO deadline 1st May 2020) or the Mature Student Route (CAO deadline 1st May 2020).
(2) You must complete this online Sanctuary Scholarship Application Form 2020 by 5pm, June 15th 2020. The online form will close after this time and late applications will not be accepted.
Please complete this expression of interest form to let us know that you wish to apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship to complete a postgraduate course.
We will then send you an email with further instructions in relation to applying through the Postgraduate Applications Centre.
The deadline for the final scholarship application is June 15th 2020.