Student Central is an academic support programme for students at Maynooth University with additional learning needs.
Student Central Masterclasses:
Student Central Masterclasses will run every Tuesday and Thursday at 12pm on Microsoft Teams.
These sessions will help you get prepared for the final weeks of Semester 2.
Click here to join.
Student Central Webinar Series:
The Student Central team of Assistant Psychologists from the National Learning Network have created this video collection of guides and tips to help you to adjust to learning, especially as more and more learning is taking place remotely and online. See if any of these recommendations could work for you by playing the videos and taking a few notes. Then give the strategies a try!
Study and Exam Supports
- Strategies for improving concentration
- Revision Strategies for MCQ Exams
- How to set up an exam venue at home
- Open Book Exam
- Academic Phrases
- Active Reading
- Effective Habits for Studying
- Meaning of Assignment Terms
- Grounding Exercise
- Study-Life Balance
- Reduce Covid-19 Anxiety
- Relaxation Techniques to Manage Stress
- Tips to Deal with Exam Stress
- Wellbeing Journal
- STAR or Hand Breathing Exercise
- Stress Bucket Exercise
Organisation and Time Management Supports
- 5 Ways to manage and make time
- Avoid procrastination
- How to study at home
- The Pomodoro Technique
- How to Meet Deadlines
- Motivation Strategies
- SMART Goals
- Timetable for Study
- Assignment Planner
- Being Social Behind the Screen
- Netiquette for Communicating Online
- Strategies for Effective Group Work
- Tips for Emailing Staff