This initiative brings together five geographically spread Higher Education Institutes (HEIs), Maynooth University (MU), Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (TUS), Dublin City University (DCU), Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT), University College Cork (UCC) to develop an innovative approach to teach students in the experimental sciences.
The five HEIs have an excellent record in providing highly trained graduates for the chemical and pharmaceutical sector and are at the forefront of innovation in education, including digital technology platforms.
By working together with the enterprise partners and sharing best practice, this consortium will integrate elements of a blended experimental and virtual platform into the delivery of their teaching programmes to enhance student engagement, retention and progression. For the first time in Ireland, this blended virtual laboratory will be assessed and evaluated with ~5,000 students.
Consortium of five higher education institutions:
- MU: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/chemistry
- TUS: https://www.ait.ie/faculties/departments/life-physical-sciences
- DCU: https://www.dcu.ie/chemistry
- DkIT: https://www.dkit.ie/about-dkit/academic-schools/school-of-health-and-science/department-of-life-and-health-sciences
- UCC: https://www.ucc.ie/en/chemistry/