Campus Traffic Management is committed to enabling a shift to sustainable travel modes in line with the vision of becoming a sustainable campus, providing the best range of travel options to staff, students and visitors.
Average cycling and walking times to the campus are as follows:
At present 44% of the cars commuting to campus are single occupant cars, and reducing the number of single occupant cars will greatly benefit all, through reduced travel costs, less carbon emissions, reduced traffic on the road, and the need for parking spaces.
This secure website is available to help staff and students find people to car pool with.
A map of car parking spaces reserved for car poolers can be found below
Car Park Designation Plan - North Campus
Journey Plan App
The National Transport Authority announced that its Journey Plan App, has seen close to 300,000 downloads (288,554) since its 2012 launch. The free App gives users instant access, on their smartphone or tablet, to timetable and map information for all licensed public transport providers across all of Ireland, with Real Time travel information for Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann services. Journey Plan is Ireland's only one-stop travel planning App, providing bespoke plans for trains, buses, trams, ferry, and taxi services across Ireland and combining them into easy-to-read journey plans. The App provides door-to-door route plans and has information about scheduled departures and trips near any current location and from any specified point.
- Interactive and fully integrated Trip Planner
- Real time departure information for Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann services
- All Ireland coverage including rural locations as well as cities such as Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford
- All licensed public transport operators included
- All modes of public transport including trains, buses, and trams from transport providers such as Dublin Bus, Luas, Bus Éireann, DART, Commuter Rail, AirCoach, Swords Express, GoBe, Matthews Coaches etc
- Displays stops "near you"
- Dynamic zoom and scroll mapping
- GPS using "my location"
- Updating maps "on the go"
- Saves favourite locations and recent journeys
- Email and In calendar functions