MAYNOOTH UNIVERSITY KEN SARO-WIWA POETRY COMPETITION
1. The competition is open to all students of Maynooth Education Campus.
2. Entries may be in either Irish or English.
3. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 25 October 2019.
4. The theme of the competition is ‘Eco Heroes’.
5. Entries are limited to three poems per person.
6. There is no entry fee.
7. Poems must have a title and not exceed 30 lines in length.
8. Entries can be electronic or in hardcopy.
9. Electronic entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 25 October 2019.
10. Hardcopy poems should be printed in black ink on an A4 sheet.
11. Clear handwritten work will also be accepted.
12. Hardcopy entries should be posted or delivered to the John Paul II Library, Maynooth University, and marked Ken Saro-Wiwa Poetry Competition by 5pm on Friday 25 October 2019. Please include writer's name, year of study, writer's class year, contact details and titles of poems.
13. Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
14. Entries must not have been previously published or self-published, in print or online, nor have won a prize in another competition.
15. Winners and runners up will be invited to read their work at a prize giving at Maynooth University Library on the afternoon of Thursday, 14th November 2019.
16. All poems are judged anonymously, so please do not put your name on each page. Name, address, school and all other details should be on the entry form.
17. Entry implies acceptance of all the rules.
18. Entries cannot be returned – be sure to keep a copy for yourself.
19. Copyright of each poem remains with the author. However, authors of the winning poems, by entering the competition, grant Maynooth University Library the right to publish and/or broadcast their poem for two years from November 2019.
20. The judges’ decision is final. Maynooth University Library will not enter into any correspondence regarding the final decision or regarding individual entries.