Scholarship call for 2020:
Applications will be accepted up to the closing date of 19 July 2020.
Full time postgraduate research degree students commencing a programme of study in September 2020 are eligible to apply for studentship support in the Department. Students who have fees paid from external sources are not eligible to apply.
The studentship will entail:
- Full annual tuition fee support (approximately €6200 per annum);
- A fixed maintenance award of €9007 per annum;
- Participation in departmental activities as a Graduate Teaching Assistant with a requirement to undertake teaching support duties for up to 25% of the notional study year. This will involve up to 455 hours of teaching support duties in the course of a year, with not more than 20 hours in any one week. These duties will be carried out under the direction of the Head of Department, or a member of staff nominated by the Head.
- The studentship will be awarded for the duration of the studies, subject to satisfactory annual review of progress in research, and performance in teaching support. PhD students may benefit from the studentship for not more than 5 years.
Applicants for the studentship, who already have a conditional offer of acceptance onto the Law PhD programme, are asked to submit to email@example.com by no later than the 19 July 2020.
- A CV detailing academic experience, and any prior teaching experience;
- A cover letter outlining their motivation and suitability for the role;
- A letter from a member of the Maynooth University Law Department confirming they have accepted to supervise and endorse the application for a teaching studentship;
- A copy of the PhD research proposal – further specific details are available here.
Closing date for applications: 19 July 2020