Successful digital adoption remains the greatest challenge for organisations: 70% of digital transformation efforts fail. The Leading Digital Transformation in Organisations micro-credential programme is designed to provide the knowledge, skills, and confidence to help build a sustainable and successful organisational digital transformation programme.
The programme explores the fundamentals of digital transformation, approaches to change leadership, effective change management, and organisation capability improvement. It will introduce you to the cultural, structural, and technology dynamics of digital transition, and focus on improving the business value outcomes of transformation in organisations. It provides you with a critical understanding of the major benefits and challenges associated with the management and execution of digital transformation initiatives. The Digital Transformation Workshops component of the programme add value by providing effective methods, tools, and techniques to equip you with the right skills and innovation mindset to lead effective organisation change in a challenging environment, helping to build a sustainable and successful future. Innovations might include: New service innovation; Refining and improving existing platforms; Moving products and services online; Developing and implementing business value propositions; using the digital advantage to sustain and grow; Using digital to manage the customer experience.
This 6-week course will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to become a digital transformation leader in your field. You will leverage the latest research, practices, case studies and techniques to improve organisational effectiveness. You will engage in pragmatic, hands-on activities to deepen your ability to effectively lead digital transformation programmes from planning through to value realisation. Learn how to lead transformation initiatives that provide value to your organisation. Leverage data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to boost new service innovation; improving existing products; moving products and services online; developing and implementing agile operating and business models; using the digital advantage to sustain and grow your firm; using technology to enable the customer experience.
National Framework for Qualification Level 8 award 2.2 grade in a relevant discipline is desirable. However, this module is open to experienced professionals who do not hold a primary or higher degree, with entry via Maynooth University’s Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning initiative. Go here to find out more: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/graduate-studies/recognition-prior-learning
-All applicants must hold a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to the Irish University primary degree level
-The minimum English Language Requirement to apply for postgraduate courses at Maynooth University can be found at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/international/rest-world. Note: Requirements specified are applicable for both EU and non-EU applicants
This module will be delivered on campus in Maynooth University. The first block will be delivered one day a week for four weeks, comprising three 2-hour interactive lectures per session.
In the final block, participants will take part in two in-person Digital Transformation design workshops on campus, on two consecutive days. Each workshop will run for 7 hours per day, (i.e., 9.00am-1.00pm and 2.00pm-5.00pm). Final assessment will also require participants to be present on campus for an additional day at the conclusion of the programme (6 hours).
Week 1 Topics
- Introducing Digital Transformation
- Becoming Digital Ready
- What are Digital Services and Products?
Week 2 Topics
- Leading Change in Organisations
- Transformative Enterprises: Insights into Digital Transformation and Innovation
Week 3 Topics
- Approaches, models, frameworks, and practises associated with Strategic Planning to support Digital Transformation programmes
- Data governance for organisations (Markus)
Week 4 Topics
- Introducing Design Thinking
- Module Assignment Overview
Weeks 5 & 6 Workshop
- Design Thinking Workshop: Innovate a Digital Product or Service for Your Business, Parts 1 & 2
On successful completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the business value of digital transformation in the context of organisation change.
- Use standard business analysis tools and techniques to measure current digital capability maturity within organisations.
- Critically analyse and interpret qualitative and quantitative research data to diagnose organisational digital capability gaps.
- Apply Design Thinking methods to innovate a digital processes, solutions, and services.
-Applications are all online at https://v2.pac.ie/institute/19
-The following documents should be sent to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway
OR uploaded to your online application form
- Certified copies of all official transcripts of results for all non-Maynooth University qualifications listed
- 2 Academic references – if a non-Maynooth University student
- Copy of birth certificate OR valid passport – if a non-Maynooth University student