Technical Officer (Maternity Cover Contract) - Department of Chemistry
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. We are seeking a Technical Officer to provide maternity leave cover for the role (Part-time, 0.6 FTE) of Laboratory Manager in the Department of Chemistry assigned to Professor John P. Lowry’s Neurochemistry Laboratory.
Administrative and other duties:
Technical Support for the BioAnalytics Laboratory:
- Specific responsibility for supporting sensor/biosensor construction and development;
- General technical support including maintenance of instrumentation, chemical records and health and safety documentation.
Technical Support for the Neurochemistry Research Unit and Behavioural Neuroscience Unit:
- Responsible for laboratory facilities associated with chronic long-term in-vivo electrochemical monitoring (neurochemistry, pharmacology, neuroscience);
- Responsible for licensing and maintenance of documentation associated with legal (HPRA) and ethical requirements;
- Assistance with contractual support obligations on SFI Infrastructure.
Research Funds Management and Administration:
- Overseeing research funds utilisation and budget reconciliation;
- Financial transactions, purchase orders, procurement, recording and verification;
- Maintaining up-to-date records of grant information and contracts;
- Assistance to laboratory personnel (organising meetings, preparing background data for research reports and grants, etc.);
- Assistance in grant agency audits;
- Assistance in interactions with industry partners.