Senior Technical Officer - An Foras Feasa
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. We are seeking a creative and dedicated individual with knowledge of and experience in methodologies used in the fields of Digital Humanities, Digital Heritage, Digital Libraries or related fields. This position provides an exciting opportunity for the selected candidate to join a vibrant and growing team and contribute to research and teaching undertaken in An Foras Feasa. The post holder will be expected to have skills and qualifications in one or more of the following Digital Humanities methodologies, including but not limited to: information design, data analysis, data modelling, and data discovery. The successful candidate is expected to provide technical guidance, solution, and maintenance for existing An Foras Feasa Digital Humanities projects. The position also provides an opportunity to work with other staff members on funding applications as well as time to pursue their own research agenda. The post holder may also participate in digital humanities teaching and training at Maynooth University, including module lecturing, thesis co-supervision, and internship mentoring as part of the MA in Digital Humanities and the MSc in Spatial eHumanities programmes.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out a range of duties, including but not exclusive to, the following:
• Provide leadership in the technical aspects of Digital Humanities research at An Foras Feasa;
• Collaborate with staff at An Foras Feasa as well as in other units (including IT services) in providing technical solutions (creation and maintenance) for Digital Humanities projects;
• Provide lucid and comprehensive documentation on technical solutions developed;
• Be part of a team responsible for purchasing and maintaining hardware, technical equipment, and software, as well as coordinating other management activities for the various computing facilities as directed by the Director of An Foras Feasa;
• Participate in teaching undergraduate and/or postgraduate modules, provide training and/or organise workshops in the candidate’s area of interest, mentor postgraduate students during their internships, and co-supervise MA/MSc theses;
• Promote the development of the Department and the University by participating in community engagement and outreach activities;
• Complete necessary administrative tasks within the Department and appropriate University bodies;
• Act as a member of such appropriate committees as may be required and as delegated by the Head of Department;
• Maintain the highest professional standards so that the reputation of the University is enhanced;
• Undertake such other duties as requested by the Head of Department.