Research Support Officer - Research Development Office
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
We are seeking to recruit a professional with experience of the research funding environment. The candidate will support pre-and post-award functions relating to externally funded research in particular the National agencies and Horizon 2020. The successful candidate will assist members of the academic community to source external funding opportunities, facilitate the preparation of proposals and budgets and the negotiation and management of contracts.
Administrative and other duties: This will include:
• Supporting members of the research community at Maynooth University to apply for and be successful in securing European, Horizon 2020, SFI and other funded research;
• Achieving success in the identification and dissemination of funding opportunities to individuals and groups through various means of communication;
• Working with individual researchers on the application process, research proposal, and providing hands-on administrative support for the navigation of call documentation and submission systems;
• Preparing budgets and non-technical information and institutional statements;
• Hands-on administration of grant negotiation process including consortia agreements, amendments, and review of research agreements;
• Working effectively with other professional teams in the University (Finance, Human Resources, Commercialisation, Graduate Studies) to ensure all proposals meet funding agency and institutional guidelines in relation to legal, financial, risk and personnel commitments;
• Liaise with national support network and European Commission colleagues and other funding agencies;
• Reviewing final proposals and advising on revisions;
• For successfully evaluated proposals, providing support for the administrative revisions, and next step planning;
• Providing post-award support for the non-financial aspects of successful proposal