Quality Officer - Office of the Director of Strategy and Quality
Maynooth University places quality as a central concept in its vision to “consolidate its international reputation as a university known for outstanding teaching, excellent research, its global outlook, effective engagement with the society it serves, and its distinctive approach to the challenges facing modern higher education” (Maynooth University Strategic Plan 2012-2017).
The University’s Office of the Director of Strategy and Quality is now seeking to appoint a Quality Officer to support and further develop the work of the office.
The Quality Officer will provide support to the Director of Strategy and Quality in the coordination and reporting of quality assurance and enhancement activities across the university. The Quality Officer will promote a culture of localised quality enhancement through targeted initiatives throughout the University.
Administrative and other duties
This will include:
• Assisting in the coordination and reporting of quality assurance and enhancement activities in the University;
• Contributing to the planning, development and implementation of the University’s strategy for cyclical, external (institutional) review;
• Support the roll-out of internal and external consultation as part of the preparation for the institutional review;
• Promotion and implementation of quality-related strategic developments and initiatives in support of the University’s vision and strategy;
• Working effectively with other units and departments of the University in promoting quality;
• Undertaking research and analysis to support institutional, faculty, departmental and unit-level quality assurance and enhancement;
• Collating, analysing and reporting on data from internal and external sources, to contribute the preparation of annual and other reports and to assist in the identification of performance indicators for quality assurance and enhancement;
• Liaising with National and EU-level quality agencies on specific initiatives identified by the Director of Strategy and Quality.