Project Support Administrator (Registry Systems Project) - Office of the Chief Information & Innovation Officer
Over the last few years Maynooth University has revised its curriculum to develop a radically different Maynooth model of undergraduate education which is distinctive and challenging—one that is flexibly designed to meet the individual needs of a diverse student body and one that stimulates and supports every student to reach their full potential. The new Maynooth Curriculum allows more course options, flexibility and degree combinations for every student.
The Registry Systems Project, comprising of multiple phases, was initiated in 2015 to reconfigure relevant IT systems (ITS (Student System), Syllabus Plus (Timetabling), ADB (Curriculum Management System) and Moodle (VLE)) to deliver the new Maynooth Curriculum. The third phase of the Registry Systems Project has now commenced and we are seeking a Project Support Officer to support the Project Manager, work stream leaders and project steering committee to ensure successful delivery of this phase of the project.
The role would suit a highly organised methodical thinker with an interest in learning about project management and change management. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and results-oriented with a willingness to take on unfamiliar tasks; but knows when to seek advice/guidance. They will have an agile, flexible approach to work and handling a variety of tasks with a willingness to contribute to team’s overall objectives.
Duties will include:
• Provision of day to day administration including: Risk and Issue Management, Document Control and Configuration Management, Quality Management, Project Planning, Resource Management.
• Administration of the project support online document repository (MS-Teams) and email accounts.
• Ensuring projects plans are accurately logged and actions are amended in accordance with the project plan.
• Co-ordination, collation and publishing project and programme reports; monitoring and reporting risks & issues and maintaining audit and quality control documents.
• Financial administration; maintaining risks, assumptions, issues & decisions (RAID) logs; resource forecasting; dependency management and portfolio reporting.
• Maintenance and secure storage of electronic and paper file copies of approved documentation as appropriate.
• Responsibility for the maintenance of standards for project management deliverables.
• Assistance to the Project Manager with reporting of project issues and risks, and management of relevant logs.
• Attendance at Project Steering Group and Project Delivery Group meetings and production of RAID and minutes from these meetings.
• Other tasks that may be needed in the course of the project (e.g. logistics, testing, training).
• Ensuring accurate delivery of project data as / when required.