Media Relations Officer / Writer - Office of the Director of External Relations
The University seeks an outstanding writer with a strong track record in media/public relations to join its External Relations team. The purpose of the role is to enhance the reputation of Maynooth University during a time of exciting change, growth and innovation. The post will report to the Director of External Relations and work closely with the entire Communications team, the Development and Alumni Relations team, as well as colleagues throughout the University.
• Work with departments and units across the University to mine for story ideas and develop them into publication-ready formats
• Primary responsibility for writing and editing compelling stories of university successes in education, research and other engagements, including associated press releases, feature stories and related content
• Write and edit a variety of materials for use internally and externally, from articles in our alumni magazine and our Spotlight on Research series to brochures, newsletters, marketing materials, digital copy and internal communications materials
• Working with the Director of Communications and Marketing and other members of the communications/media team to place stories in a wide range of media outlets
• Arranging media interviews and working as a key part of the communications team to organise press conferences and other media/communications events
• Identifying new and creative avenues and mechanisms to spread the reputation of Maynooth University External Relations at Maynooth University
The Director of External Relations oversees Communications & Marketing, Alumni and Fundraising activities for the University, and handles other matters related to the community and other external functions.
Communications and Marketing Office
The primary focus of the Communications and Marketing Office is to consolidate and promote the international reputation of the University for outstanding research, excellent teaching, a global outlook, effective engagement with society and our distinctive approach to the challenges facing modern higher education. The Office has responsibility for PR and media relations, marketing to prospective students, University identity, web presence, and digital channels.