Library Assistant (2.5 Year Contract) - Maynooth University Library
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
We are seeking an experienced Library Assistant to work within the Library’s Digital Programmes and Information Systems Team with a particular focus on Library and Information Technology and Systems.
Administrative and other duties:
- Provide technical support, advice and development for the applications, services and systems used by the staff and users of the Library;
- Help configure, manage, update, troubleshoot and maintain library hardware and software applications as required;
- Liaise with IT Services staff in the support and development of networked services and emerging technologies;
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support or determine policy for the utilization and configuration of library computing services;
- Assist in the planning and coordination of activities related to application developments and upgrades. Develop and implement testing strategies related to system use and changes;
- Perform detailed analysis and design of new systems and modify the design of existing systems to meet the needs of library system users;
- Provide programming, testing, installation and maintenance of a variety of applications to ensure they meet the needs of users, perform efficiently, and adhere to departmental and university standards;
- Develop and mainstream innovative library projects eg Makerspace, VR, 3-D Printing etc;
- Assist with Management Information System (MIS) processes and data analysis related to software and systems in use in the Library;
- Develop and deliver training workshops as needed;
- Maintain current awareness of trends and issues relative to information technology and supported applications;
- Assist in documenting workflows for Library systems and Library IT processes;
- Provide first line of support for Library staff on library-specific software applications. Resolve problems identified via problem tracking software, email and telephone. Document and communicate solutions;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Librarian or his nominee.