Director of Internationalisation - International Office
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
We are seeking a Director of Internationalisation who will both direct and work alongside the office team to ensure the efficient functioning of the office in its multiple tasks, as noted below. The Director will also work alongside the Dean for International Affairs in developing and implementing internationalisation strategies for the University.
The post-holder will both direct and work alongside the office team to ensure the efficient functioning of the office in its multiple tasks, as noted above. The Director will also work alongside the Dean for International Affairs in developing and implementing internationlisation strategies for the University.
The key responsibilities associated with the post as are follows:
• Plan and organise the day-to-day operational activities of the International Office e.g. the administrative, financial and budgeting, resourcing and logistical, monitoring and reporting processes associated with the core IO activities (promotion of Maynooth University in key markets; recruitment and support of incoming full-degree, Study Abroad, Erasmus, summer school and short-term students; recruitment and support of outgoing Study Abroad and Erasmus students; developing collaborative relationships with partner universities; and internationalisation of the curriculum).
• Lead and manage a team of direct reports comprised of Administrative Officers, Senior Executive Assistants and Executive Assistants. This includes coordinating staff workloads; managing sick leave and annual leave; organising daily drop-ins, weekly and monthly meetings, 1:1 meetings, and staff-development opportunities; dealing with HR issues; recruitment of new salaried staff, etc.
• Design and implement process- and service-improvement projects within the International Office. For example, reduction in non-EU application turnaround times, careers support for international postgraduate students, enhanced student orientation, student ambassador programme, outgoing mobility working group, IO finances working group, etc.
• Research and analyse national and international policy, research, best practice and trends in the internationalisation of higher education.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communicate regularly with them in relation to IO activities. Internal stakeholders include Accommodation, Campus Development, Careers, Experiential Learning, Fees, Finance, Graduate Studies, Records, Student Engagement, Student Services, and Teaching & Learning units.
• Contribute to the development of Maynooth University’s strategy on internationalisation (by liaising with internal and external stakeholders, undertaking research, and collating it) and support its implementation (through targeted actions).
• Represent the International Office and actively contribute to the work of the Maynooth University’s Communications group, Graduate & International Education Committee, MUSE Award working group, and Student Financial Support Steering Committee; and represent MU on the IUA International Directors’ group and DES working groups on the national strategy for internationalisation.
• Develop marketing collateral (utilising traditional and digital marketing channels), information resources and promotional campaigns pertaining to the main International Office activities.