Administrative Officer / Coordinator (Half-time) - Development Studies Association of Ireland, Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute (MUSSI)
The Coordinator role is a part-time position (2.5 days per week) and reports directly to the DSA Ireland Secretary/Secretariat. The appointee will assist the Secretariat of DSA Ireland in delivering a high quality administrative service to support the activities of the network and the post will offer scope to the successful applicant to contribute to its organisation development.
Administrative and other duties:
This will include:
• Working closely with DSA Ireland officers to build and strengthen DSA Ireland as an effective national network for development studies, research, policy and practice
• Supporting DSA Ireland Officers in representing the network externally and in developing its profile
• Ensuring DSA Ireland meetings are effectively organised and Steering Committee members are kept updated on developments within DSA Ireland
• Planning, coordinating and publicising DSA Ireland seminars, talks and similar events.
• Circulating agendas, reports and minutes
• Recording minutes of meetings and circulating to Steering Committee Members
• Monitoring agreed actions
• Working directly with the Chair and Secretary of DSA Ireland on key governance responsibilities including coordinating and attending ‘bi monthly’ Steering Committee meetings, and assisting with preparing annual report to the AGM
• Working directly with the DSAI Membership and Communications Officer based in DCU to support their activities
• Maintaining effective records and administration for Steering Committee
• Budgeting, and administration of transactions relating to the Irish Aid Grant monies and programme activities
• Checking, monitoring and reporting on the use of programme funding in line with donors’ expectations and requirements