This course is designed to develop the skills and competencies required to have meaningful conversations with others. In order to have these conversations we need the ability to understand what motivates others and to also give relevant and appropriate feedback as required. This course has been designed to develop these skills and competencies.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Understand what motivates others and how to identify it in others
- Identify the behaviours contributing to successful and meaningful conversations
- Develop a toolset to diagnose situations, prepare feedback and to deliver it in a meaningful and non-confrontational way
- Be able to create the right context and environment to have difficult conversations
- Have networked with colleagues from other parts of the University through participating in learning activities, exercises and discussion.
- Develop a personal action plan to ensure that learning from this course is integrated into your day to day role.