Use of Private Motor Vehicles on official University Business

Private motor vehicles should be adequately insured while being used on official University business.   Staff should check with their insurance broker/company to ensure that they have "Business Use" cover.    Staff claiming mileage on the University Expenses Claim Form are required to confirm that they have made appropriate arrangements with their insurers.

The University will not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting from the use of a private motor vehicle on official university business.

If you have any further queries please contact Governance.