Health & Safety Training
The Health & Safety Office provide regular safety training courses on campus. The Health & Safety Office also run specialised safety training as required by Departments.
If you have any queries regarding training please contact Health & Safety and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements.
Health & Safety Induction Seminars for new Staff and Postgraduates
New staff should attend this session as soon as possible after they join the University. This session will give them an introduction to the health and safety policy and procedures of the University. It will also help participants to decide, in conjunction with their department, what further training they may need. By the end of the session participants will:
- understand the University Safety Policy
- understand their responsibilities in regard to Health & Safety
- know what actions to take in the event of a fire alarm sounding or other emergency
- know how to report accidents and incidents
- be conscious of campus safety
As places on all courses are limited it is essential that places are booked in advance with: