Any person discovering a fire should:
1. Raise the Alarm by activating the break glass unit at the nearest fire point, which are found in the corridors and on the exit routes.
2. Inform the Fire Brigade
The Fire Brigade must be notified of any fire - Emergency No. 999 or 112 (mobile). Give your address and clear directions. University Security Staff must also be alerted - Emergency No. 01 708 3929 or 01 708 3333.
3. Deal with the Fire if safe to do so. Attack the fire using the nearest suitable extinguisher or fire hose reel where appropriate.
DO NOT TAKE PERSONAL RISKS OR PUT LIVES IN DANGER
4. Evacuate from the premises
ON HEARING THE ALARM
- The evacuation of the building must commence immediately.
- Ensure that all equipment is left in a safe condition within the time available, prior to evacuating.
- Leave the building by the nearest safe exit, closing all doors behind you.
- Do not delay to collect personal belongings or for any other reason.
- Assemble at the prescribed assembly point(s)
DO NOT TAKE RISKS.
DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING FOR ANY REASON UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO DO SO.
DO NOT USE LIFT(S)