What is the COVID-19: Research Student Semester Completion Fee?
All students are eligible to register for one semester without a tuition fee being payable for that semester subject to the criteria below:
- Students must be registered for the semester January -September 2020;
- Students are only eligible for the COVID-19: Research Student Semester Completion Fee directly after completion of the normal duration of the research programme. For example when registering as full-time PhD and Professional Doctoral students in year 5; full-time Research Masters students in year 3; part-time PhD students in year 7; and part-time Research Masters students in year 4;
- A student must be registered for the year prior to availing of the COVID-19: Research Student Semester Completion Fee.
Do I have to apply for the COVID-19: Research Student Semester Completion Fee?
No, Graduate Studies will advise Fees Office of student eligible for the COVID-19: Research Student Semester Completion Fee.
I am on an IRC scholarship but I am unable to undertake my field work, will this affect my scholarship?
Please go to the individual research funder websites for their COVID-19 contingency planning. Please note that HRB, IRC and SFI have issued a statement explaining their approach.
Please note that HRB, IRC and SFI have issued a statement explaining that they are taking a pragmatic approach and will give due consideration on a case- by-case basis to the following:
- Call deadlines
- Deadlines for progress reporting
- Deadlines for the return of award documentation
- Budget reallocations or exceptional charges to grants arising from travel/other restrictions
- No-cost extensions
- Restructuring of project deliverables and timelines for researcher mobility and collaborations, where direct adverse impact has occurred
Will my scholarship continue if I do not complete on time?
Please contact your supervisor in the first instance who will guide you as much as possible. Also contact your Scholarship funder for specific terms and conditions.
What are the implications for my stipend if I do not complete on time?
In most cases there will be no extension of stipend, unless specific additional funding is made available, for example, asa costed extension by a funding agency. Please discuss the situation with your supervisor in the first instance.
How do I apply for an IRC No-Cost Extension?
Please contact Aileen O'Keeffe at firstname.lastname@example.org