MA Geography Online Q&A with Course Director
This new Masters degree for 2015 offers students the opportunity to explore and develop the depth of their knowledge and expertise in Human Geography, with specialist streams in 'Art, Culture and Environment' and 'Cities, Politics and Globalisation’. The MA is offered on both a full-time (1 year) and part-time (2 year) basis.
Maynooth’s Geography Masters degree is unique in Ireland - the only dedicated Human Geography Masters degree in the Republic – and offers both flexibility and the opportunity to specialise in exciting and cutting-edge subject areas. Graduates will be qualified for employment in artistic, curatorial or heritage practice; urban, community or global development; and working in NGOs and in public policy or advocacy roles. Graduates may also develop research and spatial transferrable skills to enhance their existing work and/or create employment. The MA is an excellent foundation for those interested in progressing to PhD studies.
Innovative research modules offer students the opportunity to undertake research work with partner organisations including:
- Action from Ireland (Afri): http://www.afri.ie/
- Cloughjordan Ecovillage (Tipperary): http://www.thevillage.ie/
- Community Solidary Group, Right2Water: https://www.facebook.com/CommunitySolidarityNorthKildare?fref=ts
- Dublin Biennial: http://www.dublinbiennial.com/
- Icon Factory (Dublin): http://iconfactorydublin.ie/
- Irish Museum of Modern Art: http://www.imma.ie/en/index.htm
- Irish Heritage Council Small Walled Towns Network: http://www.heritagecouncil.ie/irish-walled-towns/welcome/
- Kildare County Council Arts Service: http://www.kildare.ie/artsservice/
- Playtime Ireland (Dublin): http://www.playtime.ie/
- Project Arts Centre (Dublin): http://projectartscentre.ie/
- Office of Public Works Ireland (Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí): http://www.opw.ie/en/
- Services Industrial Professional and Technical Union (SIPTU), National and Community Campaigns, and Research Division: http://www.siptu.ie/
- Workhouse Assembly (Callan): http://www.workhouseassembly.com/
Students will be exposed to a range of socially, politically and environmentally pressing issues through field-immersion learning and public engagement with community groups, policy makers and academics. The independent research thesis also offers students the opportunity to work on a research project with advice and guidance from international experts in Human Geography, and possibly in collaboration with real world partners.
Join us on the 15th April from 5-6.30pm at: www.facebook.com/postgraduatemaynooth to find out why this MA is the right programme for you, and to learn about scholarship options available. Further information can be requested by contacting: email@example.com