Maynooth University Sanctuary Scholarships 2021
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR SANCTUARY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 5PM ON MONDAY 28TH JUNE 2021*
We are delighted to announce that we will offer a number of Sanctuary Scholarships in 2021-2022. The online application is available below. The deadline to submit this form is 28th June 2021.
If you have any queries about the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Scholarships are open to:
- international protection applicants; and
- refugees, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, and those with leave to remain,
who do not have access to state support for their studies (meaning ‘free fees’, the state pilot support scheme, SUSI grant, social welfare payments).
Applicants must be registered with the Department of Justice and documentation of status will be required.
The same reduced points as are in place under the HEAR and DARE schemes will be applied to sanctuary scholarship applicants who are applying for undergraduate courses through the CAO.
Priority will be given to applicants who reside in reasonable commuting distance to the University to ensure feasibility of completion.
Each scholarship will include:
- A Fee Waiver;
- A Maynooth Access Package of Supports, which includes, among other things, the Launchpad Orientation Programme, a Technology Support Programme, and an academic advisor; and,
- A Student Services Package of Supports that offer pre-paid transportation, subsistence and a laptop.
Note: the scholarships do not include University accommodation.
NB: Applicants are required to apply for their course through the usual channels, as well as submitting the sanctuary scholarship application form. More detail on the specific processes for undergraduate and postgraduate applications is provided below.
We will hold a virtual information session about the scholarships and the application process on 3rd June 2021. To receive more information and to register to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like an academic mentor to assist you with your application, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can match possible applicants with academic mentors to assist in completing the application form itself.
You need to follow these steps to apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship for an undergraduate course:
- You must apply to the Central Applications Office (CAO, www.cao.ie) for a Maynooth University undergraduate course via either the Leaving Certificate Route, FETAC route or the Mature Student Route.
- You must complete this online Sanctuary Scholarship Application Form 2021 by 5pm, June 28th 2021. The online form will close after this time and late applications will not be accepted.
Please complete this expression of interest form to let us know that you wish to apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship to complete a postgraduate course.
We will then send you an email with further instructions in relation to applying through the Postgraduate Applications Centre (PAC, www.pac.ie).
The deadline for the final scholarship application is June 28th 2021.