Information for Students
We look forward to having you back on campus from September. In line with the Government plan, we expect that teaching next year will be primarily on-campus, with practicals, tutorials and many lectures on campus.
We will ask you to continue to protect each other by following our health guidelines. We will be providing updated guidance closer to the start of the semester, but we expect that:
- You should not come to the campus if you have symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19.
- You should continue to observe the hygiene measures, including frequent hand washing and cough etiquette.
- You should continue to observe the social distancing and mask wearing protocols that are in place. These measures may vary from time to time in response to the public health situation.
Key dates for the next semester:
- Semester 1 begins on 20 September 2021. Most courses for continuing students will begin on this date.
- First year undergraduate students in most programmes will have an orientation week from 20-24 September, and formal teaching will begin on 27th September. This start for first year students is later than usual, because of the late release of Leaving Certificate results.
Over the summer
Over the summer period the campus will gradually reopen.
- Research: After 5th July, we expect that postgraduate research students will be able to return to the campus with the permission of their Head of Department.
- Exams: We will not have on-campus exams during the August re-sit period. There will be a small number of exceptions, but all scheduled university exams will be remote assessments.
- Support: Please remember that Student Services are open and available to assist you with any support needs you may have, and you can find further information here.
If you are seeking accommodation on campus, please see the accommodation information at: maynoothuniversity.ie/accommodation
See the International Office website at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/international