Travelling to Maynooth by car from the west of Ireland
Exit the M4 at Kilcock and park on the North Campus (Kilcock Road).
Travelling to Maynooth by car from Dublin (a quicker route on conferring days)
- Exit the M4 at motorway sign R449, Leixlip West and Celbridge West.
- Cross over the motorway and travel through two roundabouts.
- At the third roundabout turn left for Carton House.
- Drive for 2.3 miles and take a right turn for Dunboyne at the R157.
- Drive for a half mile to the next roundabout and take the second exit for Dunboyne, R157.
- Continue along that road and take the next turn left, signposted for Kilcock.
- Drive for 1.2 miles to the T junction and turn left for Maynooth.
- Drive for 1 mile and follow the Conferring signs to the North Campus.
This route will add about one mile to your journey but will save substantial time.
Travelling by bus
Travelling by rail
Travelling by air
- Parking is available on the North Campus only.
- The North Campus car parks are a five minute walk from the Aula Maxima.
- Guests and graduands with disability permits will be permitted to park on the South Campus where very limited parking is available.
All motorists are asked to co-operate with the stewards directing traffic.
- The conferring ceremonies will take place in the Aula Maxima and will last approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
- A buffet reception in Pugin Hall and will follow the ceremony.
The different venues on conferring day are listed below and can be viewed on our campus map:
||Gown collection - Phelan Conan Ltd (no. 2 on map)
||Registration and line-up (no. 22 on map)
||Conferring ceremonies (no. 29 on map)
|Marquee beside Aula Maxima
||Official photographers - Lafayette Photography (no. 29 on map)
||Buffet reception (no. 16 on map)
- Guests should be seated in the Aula Maxima at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the ceremony. After this time admittance for ticket holders is not guaranteed.
- Don't forget to make sure that your guests know the location of the Aula Maxima (no. 29 on map).
- Admittance is by ticket only.
- Children are admitted by ticket only.
All graduands should arrive at Maynooth University at least 90 minutes before their conferring ceremony is due to commence.
Graduands can collect their gowns from Phelan Conan Ltd in Riverstown Hall.
- Graduands should then register with a member of staff in Humanity House, South Campus no later than 30 minutes before the beginning of your ceremony.
- All graduands will be issued with a line-up number in Humanity House.
- This number will correspond to the graduand’s seat number in the Aula Maxima and will ensure that he/she receives the correct degree parchment.
- When all of the graduands for the ceremony have lined-up, there will be a procession from Humanity House to the Aula Maxima
During the ceremony graduands will be called onto the stage and presented with their degree parchment.
- A buffet reception will follow each ceremony.
- Each graduand will receive one reception ticket (to admit the graduand and two guests)
Marquee beside the Aula Maxima
Graduands can get their photograph taken before or after their ceremony with Lafayette Photography.
Phelan Conan Ltd will be located in Riverstown Hall (no. 2 on map) at the following times:
Thursday 19th March
10.00 to 18.00 for students graduating on Thursday
15:00 to 18:00 for students graduating on Friday
Friday 20th March
10.00 to 18.00 for students graduating on Friday
The academic gown is part of the formal proceedings of the conferring ceremony and is a requirement for all graduands.
The mortarboard/cap is optional for both male and female graduands. You can view the academic gown regulations in the following booklet:
Academic Dress of the National University of Ireland.
- Your gown must be returned directly to Phelan Conan while they are at Maynooth University.
- Unfortunately there are no cloakroom facilities available so coats and bags should be left with your guests.
A graduand may arrange to source robes from another supplier, but must ensure that the gown and colours conform fully to the Maynooth University standards.
Lafayette Photography will be located in the Aula Maxima (no.29 on map).
Debit and credit cards will be accepted on the day.
Due to a number of complaints received about unofficial photographers, the University does not recommend that graduands avail of their services and accepts no responsibility for arrangements made with them.
Kairos Communications Ltd will be present to record DVDs of the ceremony.
A buffet reception will be served after the conferring ceremony in Pugin Hall (no. 16 on map).
- The conferring information pack will contain one reception ticket that will admit the graduand and two guests (three in total).
- Should you have any food allergens or intolerances, please contact our caterers directly, who will further advise you on the options available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone 01-7083602.
- Graduands with special dietary requirements should contact the catering staff when they arrive in Pugin Hall.