The Master of Science in Software Engineering degree at Maynooth University exposes graduates in Computer Science and related disciplines to the many facets of this complex area – the technical, the methodological, the organizational – so that successful participants will subsequently be able to lead major projects in software engineering in many industrial and commercial sectors.
* Please note: This course will only be offered as a 1 year programme from Sept 2018. Please contact the Department of Computer Science for further details. *
The following criteria must be fulfilled by students applying for the MSc in Computer Science (Software Engineering):
- An honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with an average grade of 60% (equivalent to a II.1 from an Irish NFQ Level 8 degree course) or above. Extensive industrial experience may be considered.
- English language certificate (for non-native speakers of English only)
Minimum English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum overall score
- TOEFL (Paper based test): 585
- TOEFL (Internet based test): 95
- PTE (Pearson): 62
Maynooth University’s TOEFL code is 8850
Information regarding visas etc. may be obtained from the International Office at Maynooth University.
Each module is delivered as a series of intensive lectures. Each module also has associated practical work.
Participants submit a dissertation based on a Software Engineering topic. They also complete a work placement in industry (normally with a salary) organised by the University Placement Office.
Online application only http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following information should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
· Certified copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application
· Transcripts of results in languages other than English should be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award
· Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution you have graduated/will graduate from)
· Your CV (we recommend that you use the European Format: see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu for details)
· A copy of your Birth Certificate or valid Passport
· For non-native speakers of the English language, certificates of competency in the English Language (IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE)
Information on fees and funding is available at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/postgraduate-studies/fees-funding-scholarships