We are offering grants of €10,000 each to 15 women pursuing postgraduate studies in the fields of economics, statistics, engineering and computing. Are you a woman currently enrolled, or about to enrol, on a master’s degree in one of the above-mentioned fields of study at a university or business school in Europe? If so, our ECB Scholarship for Women could be for you!
On 10 May from 2pm to 3pm Dublin time (listed as 3pm to 4pm Brussels time on the event registration webpage) a dedicated virtual Information Session will take place to present the scholarship and answer questions – interested candidates can register asap here.
The funding is intended to help finance your studies. If your application is successful, you will also have the opportunity to gain insights into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work and to learn about the career opportunities we offer.
Why do we offer this scholarship? We want to change the lives of the women selected for this scholarship. Our goal is to support their education and boost their careers, both in general and in the areas of central banking and banking supervision.
The scholarship is specifically designed to help EU women from low-income backgrounds to pursue postgraduate studies in the fields economics, statistics, engineering and computing.
You are a woman.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State.
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, on a master’s course in economics, statistics, engineering or computing at a European university or business school (please see the list of examples of relevant fields of study).
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies.
- You obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate studies (i.e. for your bachelor’s degree) (please refer to this overview of corresponding grades for a range of countries).
What’s in it for you?
- A grant of €10,000
- A study visit to the ECB
- Insight into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars and the ECB's Women in Leadership network
- Advice and mentoring from an ECB economist or an expert in the field of banking supervision, statistics, engineering or computing
Applications for these scholarships close on the 21 May 2023, and you can find out more here
If you have any questions you can email ECBWomenScholarship@ecb.europa.eu