The Careers Service works with academic departments in an effort to ensure that our students benefit as fully as possible from their time at Maynooth University. The links below outline what we do and provide information which may be of interest to you.
Through our Careers Education Programmes we aim to empower students to take responsibility for planning their career. We provide information and support to facilitate students in
- Developing their self-awareness in terms of their skills, abilities, interests and personality.
- Researching occupational information, potential employers and available opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities and developing networking and job-search skills.
- Effectively promoting themselves to employers e.g. CV, Application Form, Interviews.
We offer career seminars covering
- Discover your Career (Self Awareness, Occupational Research, Decision-Making, Action Planning)
- Job Search ( CV, Application Forms, Networking, Interviews)
- Business Etiquette: Norms and Standards for Behaviour in a Professional Work Environment
Referring a student
The Careers Service, through providing information, advice and guidance, aims to support students assess and develop their self-awareness, make informed decisions and move through the steps of the career planning process. We endeavour to support students in identifying and developing the employability skills necessary to further their career on completion of their studies at Maynooth University.
A student could be referred to the Careers Servcie for assistance when
- Unsure of their options after their course of study
- Requiring information on particular career areas
- Seeking graduate employment
- Considering postgraduate study, courses, funding etc
- Requiring assistance with CV, Interview or Personal Statements
We are Open On-line.
Students can contact us through our Careers Connect portal. Students login using their MU student number/password and can ask questions of our careers advisers, book career guidance appointments, search jobs and events and access useful careers resources. Users can also set up job and event email alerts. Find our more in the Careers Connect tab below.
Careers Connect is part of MU FutureConnect - Careers & Employability portal.
MU staff are welcome to access Careers Connect.
Through Careers Connect you can view advertised jobs (Graduate Jobs, Graduate Programmes, Graduate Internships and Immediate start, Entry Level and relevant part-time roles) and career related events.
- Register here - please use your Maynooth University email to register
- Once we have approved your registration you can login and view the portal. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
Maynooth University students can be referred to Careers Connect to view jobs and events, ask questions and book careers meetings with our careers advisers and set up daily/weekly email alerts.