Library Shelving Team
Applications are invited from registered Research Students at Maynooth University to be considered for part-time work with the Library Shelving Team. This position will require the successful candidate to work approximately 11hrs 45mins per week subject to the needs of the Library. These hours will be predominately afternoons, evenings and weekends throughout the academic year. Members of the team must be in a position to cover these periods and be prepared to be available for short periods (typically one or two hours) at different times during the day, as needed to assist with shelving demands.
- Responsible for collecting, sorting and shelving library material particularly during afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Accurately shelve library material according to guidelines to ensure that materials are located in the correct location.
- Sort, unload and collate material from trolleys.
- Maintain a neat and orderly library appearance through collection of material from tables and shelves in the library.
- Ensure attention to detail when shelving and also be aware of items that may be shelved incorrectly.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by the librarian.
- Attention to detail: candidates need to be precise and exact
- Flexibility: candidates need to be flexible to work a variety of hours and undertake a variety of duties
- Professionalism and responsibility: candidates need the ability to work independently
- Team work: candidates will be working as part of a wider Library Information Services team and need to demonstrate ability to do this
- Excellent customer care: candidates are working in a user focused library environment and need to pride their role in this regard
€11.75 per hour.
CVs with the name and contact details of two referees should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday October 6th 2017.