The Career Development Centre are recruiting Temporary Staff for a 4 week period from 03rd June 2018 to 31st June 2018.
Monday to Thursday from 11.00am to 7.00pm
Friday from 9.30am to 5.30pm
About the role:
The Career Development Centre, Maynooth University will recruit 2 Survey Callers to administer the Graduate Destinations Survey (GDS) 2018. The successful candidates will place phone calls to last year’s graduates (graduate class of 2017), asking them to take a survey. Survey Callers will be provided with a list of names and phone numbers of last year’s graduated class and required to place phone calls inviting this graduated class group to complete this survey. Survey Callers will assist graduates to complete the survey by asking a series of short questions and recording responses online. Full training will be provided for the successful candidates for the role of Survey Callers.
About the Graduate Destinations Survey 2018:
The Higher Education Authority asks all 3rd level institutions to survey their graduates approximately 9 months after leaving university. The information collected through this survey is forwarded to the HEA for its annual composite report on the destinations of graduates. In brief, the GDS asks graduates to indicate whether they are employed, involved in further study, seeking employment, or, unavailable for employment. A small amount of detail is then collected about their current position.
- Evidence of competency in each of the following areas will be required for shortlisting to interview:
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal communication skills
- Clear, smooth speech and English language fluency
- Attention to detail
- IT skills: particularly, a strong ability to use web browsers, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Experience dealing with personal or confidential data
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly
- Strong ability to self motivate and work well without constant input from manager.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience working in call centres, or other area of work involving making/taking phone calls, or, speaking on the phone with the general public.
Additional information: Anyone applying for this position must not be in receipt of any other sort of payment from the university during the period 3rd June 2018 – 31st June 2018.
How to apply:
Send a CV with a brief cover letter by email to email@example.com by 23:59 on Sunday 20th May 2018. In the subject line of your email please put ‘RE: Graduate Outcomes Survey application’. Only short listed candidates will be invited to attend a brief interview ASAP upon receipt of CV.
Application tip: Note the bullet points listed here in the Requirements section above, and in your CV address these points with examples of how you have developed these skills.