The Department of Adult and Community Education has been offering Certificate level courses in Counselling and related areas since 1985 and has developed a significant standing in the field of counselling skills.
- To define and explore key aspects of Crisis Pregnancy Counselling
- To enhance Crisis Pregnancy Counselling skills in the context of a reflective practice model of learning
- To situate Crisis Pregnancy in an intercultural context
- To explore core professional issues underpinning Crisis Pregnancy Counselling
- To raise awareness of Ethical, legal and professional issues in Crisis Pregnancy Counselling
This is a 100-hour course over one academic year which will consist of four modules totalling 20 credits. The course will be delivered in seven two-day workshops and has been designed in an integrated and flexible way with cross – reference and interconnections across modules.
- Inputs from specific expert tutors
- Group work
- Learning journal
- Research and course assignments
The issues that relate to crisis pregnancy counselling as identified by the participants together with the themes emerging from consultation with the field will form the subject matter for learning.
These themes include:
- Loss and Grief,
- Fatal Fetal Abnormality
- Law and Ethics
- Cultural Dimensions of Crisis Pregnancy.
Please Click here for full brochure and application details: Maynooth University Certificate in Crisis Pregnancy Counselling 2016–2017