To apply for our part-time degrees (BA Local Studies/Community Studies) MH803, you need to apply through the CAO.
To apply for certificates or diplomas on campus you need to use the Maynooth University Online Application System
HOW TO USE MAYNOOTH UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM
- Click on this link to open a web browser. This system works best with Firefox or Chrome. Maynooth University Online Application System
- Create a log on. The advantage of having an account is that you don’t have to complete the full application in one sitting. You can choose to return and complete gradually until you make your final submission. Enter your details on the screen and create a user name and password following the instructions. Remember: We will communicate with you using the email you enter on to this system. Please ensure you check your email regularly for updates on your application!
The menu on the left hand side will guide you through personal details, contact details and so on.
- Start Your Application by pressing on the blue “Start Application” button and then select Certificates/Diplomas from the drop down menu.
- Press the “Save and Continue” button and then select the course, campus, and start date. Press the “Save and Continue” button again.
- You will be prompted to complete the following sections:
- About You
- Contact details
- In the “More About You” section, please complete all the details on this screen. Press the “Save and Continue” button.
- A personal statement (your motivation for choosing a particular area of study at Maynooth University). You need to complete this section if you are applying for the Creative Writing for Publication, the Certificate or Diploma in Addiction Studies, Adult Guidance and Counselling.
5. Please use the “Check Your Application” facility under the red “Important Links” section on the left hand side menu. Note that you are NOT able to change your application once you have submitted it so please be sure you are happy. You can, however, edit and change it prior to submission! Once you are happy with your application, then click the black “Proceed to Submission” button.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
- You will receive an email from Maynooth University confirming your application.
- If accepted on the course, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable €100 deposit in order to secure your place. If there are insufficient numbers to run the course, your deposit will be returned.
- We will be in communication with you with regards next steps such as registration and class times and venues.
REMEMBER, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT US:
All other certificates and diplomas including Counselling, Return to Learning and Addiction Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maynooth University’s Department of Adult and Community Education offer a number of Certificate Courses in Outreach Centres in local communities. This year we are working with locations from Donegal to Cork and Dublin to Roscommon.
You will see your nearest venue under the certificate of your choice. For instance if you are interested in studying for the NUI Certificate in Addiction Studies besides the Maynooth Campus course you will find locations in Donaghmede, Longford, Arklow, Bluebell, etc.
Please contact these venues directly for information regarding registration, fees and start dates. This rule applies for all Outreach courses.
Please vist our Courses page, scroll to the end of the page where you will find our full range of Postgrauate programmes, select the relevant programme and follow the "How to Apply" tab which will take you to www.pac.ie (National Postgraduate Application Centre).
If you needs futher information on postgraduate applicaions please follow this link.