↵How to complete the Accommodation Application Form
As part of any application for on campus accommodation, you will be asked to complete a booking form online. Paper applications or email forms are not accepted. The format of the application form can be found by clicking here
Application form guidelines and templates
which highlights some tips about how to complete the form.
- Book as soon as the link opens on our web site (the link normally opens for CAO Students in May and August at 12 noon on the Accommodation Home Page)
- Only eligible students may apply. To be eligible you must be a 1st year from September 2018, with a round 1 CAO offer for a full time academic place in either Maynooth University or St. Patrick's College Maynooth. Bookings from ineligible students will be cancelled as these rooms are reserved solely for incoming 1st years.
- In advance, review the Sample Application Form here Application form guidelines and templates .
- Have your Student number, your date of birth and your email address to hand.
- Take your time as it is very important that you fill the form accurately. Wrong or inaccurate data can delay or invalidate your application and result in you not being offered a room or your application being missed or canceled.
- Read information about Rooms, so that you can consider your preference and have a decision made.
- Think about your budget and get information about Rates and costs that are involved
- Make sure that your email inbox can accept an email from firstname.lastname@example.org - you may wish to add us to your contacts and make sure there is sufficient space to allow you to receive emails. Email is the primary means by which we will contact you.
Please understand that making an application does not guarantee you a room. The booking process will involve (at a minimum) a number of steps depending on your student category as follows: 1) your application, 2) our offer, 3) your acceptance and 4) your payment. These are the four basic steps you can expect before your room is confirmed. You will have made a valid booking if you pay your booking fee and you are eligible. To retain your room booking you need to fullfil the next steps including making your rent and other payments on time. Your booking confirmation email will set these steps out for you.
In some specific cases there are additional requirements for example if you are applying for the Scéim or a Sports Scholarship there is an interview. Students who require a room on campus due to the impact of a disability also have a separate process as do St Patrick's College Students who are asked to fill in an expression of interest form. Please make sure that you complete all aspects of the process that applies to your specific circumstances.